London – A source with knowledge of the matter told CNN that British Prime Minister Andy Burnham recently received messages from an individual pretending to be Susie Wiles, the White House chief of staff for former President Donald Trump. The exchange was identified as a phishing attempt, and Burnham quickly grew suspicious.
According to Politico, the British embassy in Washington raised concerns with the White House after learning of the incident. Downing Street declined to comment on national‑security matters. A White House official emphasized that the breach was not the result of a hack of Wiles’s devices.
Burnham, who officially assumed the role of Prime Minister on July 20, was reportedly contacted via a messaging platform. The content of the messages was described as “no messages of significance,” and the Prime Minister reported the encounter to the appropriate authorities.
Phishing attempts targeting individuals associated with Susie Wiles have been reported in recent months. In May 2025, U.S. law enforcement launched an investigation after an impersonator attempted to contact high‑profile contacts on Wiles’s personal phone list. At that time, a senior White House official said Wiles believed her phone and contacts had been compromised.
Those who received the fraudulent messages—including business executives, senators and governors—expressed skepticism about the authenticity of the communication. The incident underscores ongoing concerns about cyber‑security threats aimed at high‑level officials on both sides of the Atlantic.
Original reporting: El Paso News (HLL/CB) — read the source article.