Westfield, Indiana – The highly anticipated Thomas Rhett concert scheduled for the upcoming weekend at LIV Golf Indianapolis will not take place. The event, which was to be part of the LIV Golf tournament festivities at The Club at Chatham Hills, was canceled by organizers on Monday.
In addition to the country star’s performance, Disco Lines was also slated to entertain fans on Friday night at the same venue. Both acts were removed from the schedule after LIV Golf cited “unavoidable changes in the entertainment program.” No further details were provided about the nature of those changes.
Ross Hallett, executive vice president and head of events for LIV Golf, issued a statement emphasizing the league’s ongoing commitment to the Westfield community. “LIV Golf Indianapolis will deliver many of the world’s best players, exceptional competition and an elevated experience for fans and guests, both on and off the golf course,” Hallett said. He added that the league values its partnership with Chatham Hills, the City of Westfield, Hamilton County and the state of Indiana, and looks forward to a long‑term relationship with the area that supported its record‑setting Indianapolis debut last year.
The LIV Golf Indianapolis tournament runs from August 20 to August 23 at The Club at Chatham Hills. It will be the final tournament of the LIV season, with the winner of the weekend’s competition joining the 2026 Season Individual Champion and the 2026 LIV Golf Team Champion in the season‑ending honors.
Impact on Local Fans and Businesses
Local residents who had purchased tickets expressed disappointment but many remain optimistic about the broader tournament experience. The event draws thousands of visitors to Westfield, providing a boost to hotels, restaurants, and retail establishments in the area.
Chatham Hills, a private golf club that has become a focal point for the LIV Golf series, continues to host the competition despite the entertainment adjustments. Club officials indicated that the tournament’s core sporting component remains unchanged and that fans can still enjoy world‑class golf action.
What’s Next for LIV Golf Indianapolis?
While the concert cancellations were announced, LIV Golf has not indicated any plans to replace the musical acts with alternative entertainment. Organizers assure fans that the tournament will still feature a range of fan experiences, including interactive zones, food vendors, and opportunities to meet players.
Community leaders, including Westfield Mayor James Smith, praised the league’s overall contribution to the local economy and reiterated the city’s support for future events. “We appreciate LIV Golf’s partnership and look forward to a successful tournament that showcases our community’s hospitality and spirit,” Smith said.
Ticket holders are advised to check their email for updates regarding refunds or alternative arrangements. For further information, fans can visit the official LIV Golf Indianapolis website or contact the club’s guest services desk.
Original reporting: 93.1 WIBC (Indianapolis) — read the source article.