In a development that will be closely watched by Formula One fans across the country, Red Bull Racing confirmed on Tuesday that Max Verstappen has signed a new contract that will keep him with the team through the 2030 season. The announcement came just days before the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, putting an end to months of rumors about a possible move to another team or even a retirement.
Team statements praise the partnership
Red Bull team principal Laurent Mekies said the extension is “fantastic news for everyone at Red Bull, Oracle Red Bull Racing, as well as F1 and motorsport as a whole.” He added that the partnership between Verstappen and the team is “one of Formula One’s greatest success stories,” noting the driver’s “uncompromising competitiveness, relentless determination and the courage to challenge convention.” Mekies emphasized that the shared vision and culture built over years will continue to drive the team forward.
Verstappen’s own remarks
Verstappen expressed his satisfaction with the new deal, describing himself as “really pleased” and highlighting the “best people” at Red Bull. He said the team feels like a “second family” and that staying with the organization has been a lifelong goal. “I came to the team hoping to win races, and together we have achieved four World Championships and many unforgettable moments,” he said. Verstappen also noted the timing of the announcement, calling the Dutch Grand Prix a “great moment” to share the news with fans.
Career highlights with Red Bull
Since joining Red Bull, Verstappen has amassed an impressive résumé: four Drivers’ World Championships, two Constructors’ World Championships for the team, and 71 Grand Prix victories. His success has helped Red Bull become the dominant force in modern Formula One, and the new contract ensures that the driver‑team relationship will continue to shape the sport’s future.
What the extension means for the sport
The long‑term deal removes uncertainty from the championship narrative for the next several seasons. With Verstappen secured, Red Bull can focus on developing its car and strategy without the distraction of contract negotiations. Competitors will now have a clearer picture of the competitive landscape as they plan their own driver line‑ups and technical programs.
Fans and analysts had been speculating that Verstappen might consider a move after Red Bull’s recent performance challenges and the introduction of new 2026 technical regulations. The driver’s public statements have consistently emphasized his love for the team and his commitment to racing, and the contract extension confirms that sentiment.
Looking ahead
Both Red Bull and Verstappen spoke about future goals, emphasizing the desire to win more races, claim additional championships, and continue building the team’s legacy. The partnership, now officially secured through 2030, promises to keep the Dutch driver at the forefront of the sport while providing stability for the organization’s long‑term planning.
As the 2026 season unfolds under new technical rules, the Verstappen‑Red Bull alliance will be a central storyline for fans, sponsors, and the broader motorsport community.
Original reporting: All Sports Feed (HLL/CB) — read the source article.